The country code is +95, and the internet access
code is .mm.
- Time Zone = MMT (UTC+6:30)
- International airports are in Yangon and
- The country is divided into states,
divisions, townships, wards and villages.
- Business Hours is usually from 9am to 5pm
for private companies and 9:30-4:30 for
government offices. Working days are from Monday
through Friday. Public holidays are also
- Major Credit cards are not widely accepted.
Cash is always more convenient. National
currency is Kyat.
- Electricity is 200 volts AC, 50Hz.
- Taxis are available everywhere. There are
over 250 Buses lines running through Yangon
everyday. For exclusive transport, there are car
- Domestic highway bus terminals are
Aung-Mingalar and Dagon-Ayeyar, both about 10
miles from downtown Yangon.
- Common local unit of weight is peiktha (viss),
which equals to 3.6 pounds.
- Most common unit of measure is feet and
- Clothing should be light, casual cotton
wear, sandals or slippers are best for summer.
- A cardigan or light jerkin for winter and
quick drying clothes and an umbrella during the
- Only drink purified bottle water. Bottled
water is readily available and some hotels
provide complimentary. Carry a bottle with you
throughout the day.
- Two bottles of liquor, two cartons of
cigarettes or 100 cigars and half liter of
perfume are allowed per person. Yangon Airport
arrival hall has a selection of duty free shops
with a full range of items at a good price.